Brownlow Ki Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Brownlow Ki (5223) is a suburb of South, Kangaroo Island, South Australia. It is about 121 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Brownlow Ki is in the federal electorate of Mayo.

In the 2011 census the population of Brownlow Ki was 201 and is comprised of approximately 50.2% females and 49.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Brownlow Ki is 48 years of age.

85.4% of people living in the suburb of Brownlow Ki were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.5% England, 3.0% Netherlands, 3.0% Germany.

98.5% of people living in Brownlow Ki speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.5% German.

The religious makeup of Brownlow Ki is 41.6% No religion, 14.9% Anglican, 9.9% Uniting Church, 8.9% Catholic, 7.9% Pentecostal, 5.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.0% Christian, nfd, 2.0% Baptist, 2.0% Lutheran, 1.5% Other religious affiliation .

56.0% of people are married, 20.1% have never married and 13.8% are divorced and 2.5% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Brownlow Ki.

51.4% of the people living in Brownlow Ki over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 30.8% are working on a part time basis. Brownlow Ki has an unemployment rate of 6.5%.

The main occupations of people living in Brownlow Ki are 17.8% Clerical & administrative workers, 17.8% Technicians & trades workers, 12.9% Labourers, 11.9% Sales workers, 11.9% Community & personal service workers, 8.9% Professionals, 6.9% Managers, 5.9% Machinery operators & drivers, 5.9% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Brownlow Ki work in are 15.1% Retail trade, 14.2% Public administration and safety, 14.2% Construction, 12.3% Health care and social assistance, 8.5% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 8.5% Other services, 5.7% Manufacturing, 5.7% Education and training, 3.8% Electricity, gas, water and waste services.

38.1% of homes are fully owned, and 34.5% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 27.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $500 per week and the median household income is $755 per week.

The median rent in Brownlow Ki is $180 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1300 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Brownlow Ki postcode 5223

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: North Beach 5556 -> Spencer Gulf -> South Australia